“We’re dealing with technology. It’s not all perfect. But Aptum’s managed services team is always there to ensure that things are done well and that we are fully supported when things go wrong. Stuff happens. But I
know when it does, I can count on Aptum to fix it.”– Igor Fey, Vice President of Technical Operations for Basis Technologies Download Case Study
With 40 offices across North America, Basis Technologies (formerly Centro) is a provider of enterprise-class software for digital advertising organizations.
The company’s technology platform, Basis, is the first of its kind SaaS advertising solution unifying programmatic and direct media buying, along with workflow automation, cross-channel campaign planning, universal reporting and business intelligence. Basis boosts media, team and business performance by enabling advertisers to plan, buy and analyze real-time bidding (RTB), direct, search and social campaigns in a single platform.
- With the rise of digital advertising, Riegsecker and his team saw Basis’s future in programmatic media buying. After raising $22.5 million in venture capital, Basis launched Centro Brand Exchange, an ad marketplace for unsold inventory in 2012, and in March 2013, the company launched Basis, the company’s cloud-based software platform for media planning.
- In November 2013, Basis acquired SiteScout to add real-time bidding technology to the Basis platform, providing digital agencies with a one-stop-shop for digital advertising buying.
- In the programmatic buying world, speed matters. Created to facilitate high-frequency trading, the Basis platform manages 160 billion bid requests a day from sellers who are auctioning available ad inventory online. It supports hundreds of digital advertising agencies who seeking to secure that online “real estate” for their clients. Transactions happen in milliseconds and even a moment’s delay can represent an opportunity lost for the agency and their client.
- To support this high-frequency trading business model, Basis needed an IT business partner it could rely on for state-of-the-art hardware and a lightning-fast network.
- Basis platform is hosted on Amazon Web Services and supported by IT infrastructure hardware supplied by Aptum through the company’s managed services line of business.
- “We have 100s of Linux boxes, and use open source for almost everything. And we also do big data for reporting back to our clients,” explains Fey. “We look to Aptum to supply us with different types of equipment. Sometimes we are looking for hardware that is as fast as possible. Sometimes storage is key. And sometimes it is a combination of the two. We also look to them as our network service provider. Our external network needs to support the 160 billion transactions a day our platform processes. Internally, it needs to be even faster, as the workload is even more intense. Our machines to talk to each other, basically in real-time, to handle all those transactions flowing through our infrastructure.
- "With programmatic buying now the norm in the industry, our platform, our infrastructure and our network put us on par with other modern digital media buying providers.”
- Aptum supports Basis’s business operations out of three data center locations, two located on the East and West Coast of the US and one in Europe. This distributed model ensures that the company’s IT infrastructure and the network is situated close to its agency customers.
As fast as you want it to be. As reliable as you need it to be. A broad spectrum of managed services for servers, storage, databases, commerce and business applications. Backed by Aptum’s 24/7 expert support. We transformed business for Basis, what can we do for you?Talk to a Cloud Expert