Collection and Use of Personal Information You Provide
We collect certain personal information directly from you when you visit or use our website. For instance, we may collect the following types of information:
- Inquiries. We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information you provide us when you make an inquiry or contact us through our website. We will only use this information to provide you with the information requested or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests.
- Requests for a Product and/or Service. We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided to us when you sign up to receive our newsletter or when you submit a request or an order for a Aptum product and/or service. We will only use this information to process and answer your request or to manage our everyday business needs in connection with such request.
- Satisfaction Survey. When you visit our website, you may, from time to time, be invited to participate to a satisfaction survey. In such case and if you decide to participate to our survey, we may collect your postal code, email address and other information deemed important to complete such survey. We will only use your information for quality assurance purposes.
Information We Collect Using Cookies
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit our website, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our website users. For instance, it may be used to ensure that the products advertised on our website are available in your area or that we are not showing you the same ads repeatedly. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. For instance, we may collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our websites:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Google AdWords: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Aptum across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the Aptum website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
Aptum may also allow a limited number of trusted third parties to install cookies on your hard drive from our websites.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Aptum. Other websites that may be accessible through our website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
Aptum will review and update its policies and procedures as required to keep current with rules and regulations, new technologies, standards and customer concerns. Our Policy may therefore change from time to time. We will post any changes on our website and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice.
Please note that this version does not substantively change the way we treat personal information compared to the previous version of the Policy.
This Policy was last updated on April 21, 2021.
Please note that both the English and French versions of our Policy have equal legal value.