Aptum teams around the world have the opportunity to support their local communities. Check out how Aptumists have organized, volunteered and donated to many great organizations that truly make an impact to so many.
So far, we've raised $ 62165 CAD in support of local organizations and charities!
Aptumists Donate over $21,000 to Charities during the 2020 Holiday Season
Ensuring every relationship matters is a leadership behaviour that is embedded into how Aptumists work and live each day. This has been made evident in the actions of employees over the Holiday season. In lieu of Holiday parties, some sites voted to donate the funds to local charities whose work is vital to their communities. Aptumists rallied together and donated to the following charities:
• UK employees donated £3,000 to the Samaritans and £150 each to 8 other charities totalling £4,200.
• In Canada, The West Mall, King Street Front Street and Horner locations came together and donated $5,450 CAD to the Daily Bread Food Bank. Quebec employees donated $250 CAD to Moisson Montréal. The Pullman team donated $850 CAD to the Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids Foundation) and Vancouver made a donation to the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre.
• In the USA, San Antonio contributed $2,067 USD to the San Antonio Food Bank. A portion of the funds were from personal contributions made by the SAT staff. The Miami office presented $1,800 USD to the Feeding South Florida Food Bank, Atlanta’s team donated $2,000 USD to North Fulton Community Charities and Herndon’s staff will be donating to the Prince William County Virginia Food Bank.
Daily Bread Food Bank - 151 employees. 2 hours of giving back = 302 hours or 38 days volunteered in the community!
• Wrote 175 thank-you cards to new Daily Bread supporters ensuring the sustainability of city-wide food programs
• 16,728 lbs of food sorted – enough food for 836 families for 2.5 days
• 1600 soup portions packed for delivery to meal programs
• 480 individual meal portions packaged for delivery through Red Cross to marginalized neighbours who are unable to physically access food banks
• 200 lbs of carrots rescued from food waste and prepared for food bank users
Say Goodnight to Hunger
The Aptum Grow event helped Omni Hotels & Resorts in their mission to Say Goodnight to Hunger.
Because Aptum held a series of meetings at the King Edward Hotel on February 3-6,
Omni Hotels & Resorts donated 400 meals to feed families in need in our community.
Thank you, Aptum.